Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today is one of those days

When I have days, like today, where my heart is sad and burden because of many different reasons. I have a go to listening album called "Between the dreaming and the Coming True" by Bebo Norman. I discovered this album back when I lived in Arkansas, it was a $5 cd sale that Family Christian store had..so looking for some good music I bought it...I listened to it and ever since then it has been the album that I put on when my soul is aching for comfort, aching to express the hurt that has often been buried deep so deep that it's hard to even uncover.

The album does 2 things for me...it allows my soul to musically express the hurt,doubts, the questions, the aching of this life, and it also allows my soul to be encouraged at the exact same time. It reminds me of the sovereignty of God even when life isn't clear, it reminds me of his faithfulness even when I am blinded by circumstances to see it. It reminds me of the LORDS grace and mercies and it reminds me to turn to the only one that can heal a broken soul like mine.

Today is one of those days where I have it on. I have it on because of the tragedy in Boston, I have it on because of the tragedy that happened in Newton not too long ago, I have it on because of the tragedies that happen every day in war torn countries, orphanages, and abusive homes. I have it on because of personal heartache in my own life.

Today is one of those days where I need to have some help in expressing the deepest aches of my soul and where I also need the help to bring it all before the Lord!

No comments: